We all have that one foundation we love, but is yours right for you and your skin tone?
Colour matching is a new trend you can do at any make up stall, but now you can do it at home! Finding your shade has never been more accurate or easy once you know the main shade secret behind your skin tone.
Pic Credit: favim.com
Here at GlowwBox we have your back and want you to look your best this end of season. So, we have put together 2 top shade secrets, to help you mix and match so your makeup bag is ‘all about the base, no trouble!’
Don’t Be Shadey!
We all know the top trick for testing foundation matches is using your wrist as a guide. But did you know there’s another way to use this trick to your advantage and unlock your shade secrets? Follow the foundation facts below to help you find your skins’ true, natural, gloww and a shade to match! (new line)
Shade Secret #1 – Science behind the shade
Pic Credit: wealthymen.com
There really is science behind your shade, but how do you find it? Science has never been so simple, just look at your veins! You heard us right, your veins!
To really understand your skin-tone you need figure out if you’re #TeamWarm or #TeamCool?
Here’s how to find out!
Method in the madness
- Put your wrist in the sunlight.
- Notice the colouring of your veins:
If they are blue then you have a cool skin tone.
If they have green or yellow undertones then you have a warm skin tone. (new line)
But what does that mean?
No matter what your shade your skin is, once you master what team fits your gleam, you will be able to be the queen of finding foundation! Follow our team tips find your foundation needs..
Shade Secret #2 – Know your team
#TeamCool – Foundation Facts
No matter what skin shade you are, if you have a cool skin tone these are the foundation factors you need:
- Heavier coverage – To warm a cool skin tone you need heavier foundations to even out your shade.
- No middle man – If between 2 shades always trust the lighter one and warm down with a powder for a more natural coverage.
- Oil based foundations and crème based concealers are the coolest cover ups for you.
#TeamWarm – Foundation Facts
No matter what skin shade you are, if you have a warm skin tone these are the foundation factors you need:
- Lighter coverage- To warm an already warm skin tone you don’t need much, you lucky glowwers! Pick light-weight, natural powders to even out, not cake up!
- No middle man- If between 2 shades always trust the darker one and lighten up with a lighter bb cream for a more natural coverage.
- Powder or water based foundations and powdered concealers are what will warm your complexion!
What team are you? Let us know if any helped your hair routine! Leave your a comment below, we’d love to hear from you!